March 25, 2009

Checking in

Another crazy night in the studio. Chris is right about elbowing Rachel in the face. She's fine.

Ben and I just arrived after seeing m-pact at Vitello's. If you don't know who they are, please check them out: http://m-pact.com/

Prior to this, we recorded a live session at KCRW. Prior to that, we were in London. A brief summary: double-decker buses, getting lost in Cockfosters on a double-decker bus, Cornish pasties, an old church, drinking wine in an old church, reconnecting with friends, meeting new ones, singing on the tube to a little Indian boy and rocking out on stage to Cutting Crew's "I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight" with Tony Moore, the original keyboard player from the band. It was my first time overseas, and I could not have asked for a better experience.

I can't wait to be singing on stage at Royce Hall! It will be a little full circle for me. The first show I saw there as a UCLA student was a bizarre Halloween show starring, among others, Will Ferrell reading an Edgar Allan Poe story.

All this being said, I'm high on Sonos.

No comments:

Post a Comment