March 16, 2009

back to la la land

My first bloggyblog! Currently sitting outside on my balcony in sunny Los Angeles....two plane rides, a six hour delay, four glasses of wine, a drunken jog through the airport, new friends and two technical difficulties later - we are back from the UK. The end of a trip is always bittersweet for me...good to be home of course, but already missing red double decker buses & tea time. Probably one of the most charming & adorable places I've ever been.

Oh, and being on tour with my band for a week was pretty cool too??!!?

We were fortunate to have a variety of diverse gigs lined up - coffee shop, 17th century church, Shakespeare-esque globe theater, pubs - and had a blast performing throughout the week. Thank you so much to everyone who came out to support a group of random American kids you had never heard of :) It was lovely to share our music with an entirely new audience, and to experience so much great music & company in meeting new friends, fans and awesome UK-based bands. Overall, an insanely fun, inspiring trip. I am sooo looking forward to heading back there later this year. 

Now I'm going to try to tune out the techno music blasting from my neighbor's window & get to work on finishing a new Sonos arrangement of ___________ :)

much love, jess








No comments:

Post a Comment