September 7, 2009

on the road [again]

Ben and I were driving home from NorCal yesterday and it got me thinking. In a couple weeks, we're going to be doing this for the next couple months... next couple YEARS... with four other people... all across the country. The idea of touring was always this distant dream, this far away experience that I talked and fantasized about. But Sonos went ahead and did some good work backed by an amazing team and here we are, on the brink of a life-changing road ahead - literally. I'm not scared, but I'm anxious. You put six people in a room together, after a while there'll be some difference of opinion; tension rises and people need their personal space. Imagine that in an oversized van in the middle of Iowa. I hope I don't sound like I'm complaing, cuz I'm not. In fact, it excites me to write it down. We've been through our rough patches but the six of us have always found a way to get through it for the better; plus we all know how to party together. There will be parties on the road. Work, interviews, performances - yes, but also parties. Sonos hits the road in two weeks. To quote internet savvy teenagers across the world: OMG.

No comments:

Post a Comment